Tierra Chiloé is a luxury lodge overlooking the sea near Castro in Chile's Lakes District; stay here for privileged access to the diverse landscapes, architecture and culture of Chiloé Island
Connect with nature and enjoy traditional Chilean hospitality at Tierra Chiloé, a luxury eco-retreat near Castro surrounded by the channels and fjords of the Chiloé archipelago in Northern Patagonia. The lodge's exterior is inspired by the traditional homes of local fishing communities, with expansive views of the inland sea and wetlands available from the guest rooms, restaurant and spa facilities. The guest rooms and suites are warm and inviting, furnished with natural wood panelling, hand-crafted furniture and locally woven fabrics. With its farm-to-table ethos and generous open bar, dining at Tierra Chiloé is a highlight - enjoy fresh seafood, homemade bread and pastries, local Chilean wines and curanto, a local speciality. Through a range of guided excursions, explore the unique wilderness and rich heritage of the region, from ancient forests and rocky coastlines to traditional stilted villages and authentic local markets.
- All meals, including buffet breakfast, lunch and gourmet dinners
- Open bar, including mineral water, sodas, juices, house wine and spirits (excludes premium and vintage items)
- Two half-day excursions or one full-day excursion daily in small groups with other guests
- Use of pools, sauna and hot tub (additional costs apply for spa treatments)
- Return transfers between Tierra Chiloé and Puerto Montt or Mocopulli (Castro) Airport
Stay 4 nights in October or April, and enjoy a bonus night at luxury hotel, Magnolia Santiago; Stay 7 nights at any two Tierra properties for special rate, room upgrades, welcome amenity and early check-in/late checkout. Subject to availability; conditions apply.
- Suites (40-52 m2) offer additional living room space, deep-soak tubs and large windows with spectacular views towards the Pullao Wetlands
- Superior Pullao Rooms (34 m2) overlook the wetlands and include a separate bath and shower in the bathroom
- Superior Rilan Rooms (30 m2) face the inland Pacific ocean and mainland
Tierra Chiloé is located near Castro on the main island of the Chiloé archipelago, near the Lake District in Chile. The closest airport is Castro (45 minutes by road), or you can fly into Puerto Montt which has regular direct flights but is further away (four hours by road, plus a 45 minute ferry ride). Shared transfers are included to/from Tierra Chiloé. Alternative transfer points and private transfer options may be available (at cost).
The spacious suites feature deep-soak bathtubs with views across the wetlands and sea
Couples, families (children over 10 years) and private groups
Best Nearby Park
Chiloé National Park
Best Food & Wine Experience
Try the traditional Chilote specialty, curanto, which involves cooking meat and seafood slowly on hot rocks
Best Place for Relaxation
Take in the magnificent views of the inland sea from the indoor or outdoor heated pools
October to April
Get in touch
Start planning your trip to Tierra Chiloé, Castro with Walk Into Luxury
To find out more or simply get inspired, get in touch with one of our travel designers