Enjoy privileged access to Port Davey and the remote World Heritage-listed Wilderness of Southwest Tasmania, cruising onboard a floating Luxury Lodge of Australia
Cruise the wild rivers and rugged coastlines of Port Davey, and Bathurst Harbour in Tasmania's remote southwest on this luxury wilderness cruise. Available as a four or six-night journey, enjoy guided walks and nature cruising led by local experts, staying in a private ensuite cabin onboard Odalisque III, a floating Luxury Lodge of Australia. Between excursions, dine on fresh seasonal produce with a selection of local wines and boutique beers and relax in the indoor and outdoor lounge areas. The ever-present view of forested peaks and peaceful bays is a constant as you traverse this rarely-visited part of Tasmania's wild southwest. To complete your experience, discover Tasmania by air with return scenic seaplane flights between Hobart and Port Davey included.
Port Davey, Bathurst Harbour and Melaleuca
Nature trails and mountain hikes around Port Davey including Mt Rugby and Mt Stokes
Interpretive local indigenous culture walks
Fresh Tasmanian produce with local wines and boutique beers
Scenic seaplane transfers between Hobart and Port Davey
- All meals featuring gourmet Tasmanian produce
- A selection of premium Tasmanian wine and local boutique beer
- Tailored experiences including daily guided walks, shore excursions and wilderness cruises by tender
- The services of experienced local crew members, including an interpretive guide, skipper and chef
- National Park entrance fees
- Use of weatherproof rain poncho for tender excursions
- Return scenic seaplane transfers between Hobart and Port Davey
This journey begins and ends in Hobart and includes return scenic seaplane transfers to Port Davey. We can assist with arranging pre-cruise accommodation in Hobart.
Select departures between December and April. Enquire for dates to suit your Tasmania travel plans.
*The following itinerary is indicative only and is subject to change based on daily weather and tide conditions and guest preferences.
Day 1: Hobart to Bathurst Harbour
After an early breakfast at your Hobart hotel, make your way to the meeting point on the city's waterfront, near Franklin and Macquarie Wharfs. You will then be transferred from Hobart to Bathurst Harbour on a 40 to 50-minute scenic wilderness seaplane flight over forested mountain ranges and the vast coastline of Southwest National Park. Step off of the seaplane directly onto Odalisque III, your floating luxury lodge for the next few nights. This afternoon you'll have the opportunity to stretch your legs, perhaps with a short, steep mountain hike for panoramic views of the surrounding bays or a gentle beach walk. En route, your guide will point out flora, fauna and key landmarks, with plenty of stops for photos. As the boat anchors for the evening, join fellow guests in the lounge for a selection of premium local wines and boutique beers, followed by a delicious shared plate dinner of gourmet Tasmanian produce prepared by the onboard chef.
Days 2-4: Southwest Tasmanian Coast
A truly bespoke journey, there is no predetermined itinerary or schedule to follow. Your expedition cruise will feature many highlights of southwest Tasmania's World Heritage-listed wilderness including (but not limited to):
- A picnic lunch, swim and walk on a remote beach such as Stephens Bay
- Tender excursions in the calm waters of Hannant Inlet or along the Huon-pine-lined banks of Davey River
- The maze of sea caves and blow holes of the Breaksea Islands at the entrance to Port Davey
- Visits to historic sites such as Clayton's Corner or Melaleuca, a tiny, remote, ex-tin-mining settlement
- Interpretive walks providing an insight into the remarkable history and culture of the Needwonnee people of the southwest
- Sunset drinks on a pristine, rainforest-lined beach on the Celery Top Islands
- Rewarding panoramic views after hiking up rugged peaks such as Mt Rugby, Mt Beattie and Mt Stokes
- Wildlife spotting and bird-watching opportunities
Included: All meals and beverages
Day 5: Return to Hobart
After breakfast and freshly brewed coffee, there'll still be time for one more excursion this morning before farewelling the crew and disembarking Odalisque III. Reflect on your adventures in Tasmania's southwest as you return to Hobart's waterfront onboard a seaplane, soaring above the bays, forests and mountains en route.
Due to the potential for last-minute itinerary changes, we recommend not making any onward travel arrangements until at least the day after the tour is due to end. We can assist with arranging post-cruise accommodation and experiences in Hobart.