Luxury Walking Tours: Australia's Best Walks
Recently, the travel and tourism industry has experienced a surge in demand for health and wellness travel combined with luxury experiences. This is what we do best at Walk into Luxury, and we hope our pick of Australia's best walking tours helps you get into nature.
By Nikki King
Our all-inclusive Signature 4 day Cape to Cape walkis one of the Great Walks of Australia and includes luxury experiences as well as exclusive private pool villa accommodation, with the very best food and wine the region has to offer. Each day you will discover another breathtaking section of the Cape to Cape track, where you will be immersed in the true coastal beauty of Australia’s South West and be led by two of our expert guides. Such an incredible way to enjoy this Margaret River walk!
We are proud to be recognised as the only walking tour operator in Western Australia which is a member of the exclusive Great Walks of Australia collection. Our signature Cape to Cape Walk represents Western Australia on the national stage as WA's only Great Walk. We love to share our passion for hiking in Australia so here are our top picks for some of the best Australian walking holidays combining nature with a touch of luxury, Great Walks style…
- Bay of Fires Lodge Walk (Tasmania)– Located in Tasmania’s north-east on the edge of Mt William National Park, this incredible coastline is known as the Bay of Fires and provides stunning landscapes, ecology, and wildlife. You can immerse yourself in one of the most pristine environments that Tasmania has to offer while walking the soft sandy beaches and enjoy the unique beach setting at the beach camp one night, before settling into luxury accommodation at Bay of Fires Lodge the other night.
- Arkaba Walk (South Australia) – The Arkaba Walk in the Flinders Ranges of South Australia includes 4 days hiking the gorges, ranges and valleys of the Arkaba Conservation Park and Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park. One of South Australia’s Best Walks, guests enjoy a combination of sleeping in swags under the stars and a final night at Arkaba Homestead. Our favourite way to experience this walk is to opt for the Luxury Lodge upgrade with all 4 nights spent in the Homestead – there’s nothing like having a pool and a bath to soak in each night after a day on the trail.
- Maria Island Walk (Tasmania) – Maria Island National Park offers an incredible mix of rare wildlife, convict heritage, and luxury accommodation, and lies just a few kilometres off Tasmania’s east coast. The Maria Island walk is an active, but pampered, holiday experience, designed to let you experience the remoteness and tranquillity of this stunning wilderness area in comfort. While on the Maria Island walk you can expect to explore a heritage listed convict settlement, walk on white sandy beaches, view rare wildlife, and enjoy gourmet food, all within the national park. This is an easy adventure, showcasing the very best of Tasmania’s food and wine while a comfortable bed and warm meal awaits you each night.
- Scenic Rim Walk (Queensland) – The Scenic Rim Walk by Spicers takes in the best of Queensland’s Main Range National Park including Mount Cordeaux, Mount Mitchell and stunning Spicers Peak. The walk is known for its diverse terrain with mountain escarpments, ancient volcanic rock and rainforest all featured on this luxury walk. The 5 day walk features eco cabin accommodation dotted through the national park, while the 3 day long weekend version of this walk includes luxurious safari-style glamping tents each with king bed and a communal lounge with bluestone fireplace to keep you warm as you reflect on your day’s adventure.
- Larapinta Trek in comfort (Northern Territory) - The Classic Larapinta Trek follows the Larapinta trail through the West MacDonnell Ranges in the Red Centre of Australia, departing from Alice Springs. Guests on this 6 day small group walking tour stay in exclusive semi-permanent camps dotted throughout the ranges, and enjoy local food cooked on the fire sitting out under the stars each night. This is our pick for a true bush walking experience in Australia's outback.