Enhance Your Journey with a Luxury CBD Hotel Stopover
A luxury city escape is ideal for bookending your Walk into Luxury journey. Not only do CBD hotels offer a convenient place to rest between flights, onward transfers, and early-morning pick-ups, but they can enhance your overall experience.
By Walk into Luxury
Setting aside a couple of days on either side of your walk, cruise, or luxury lodge stay will allow you to begin – or finish – your long-awaited Walk into Luxury journey in style. To help inspire you, we’ve rounded up several of our favourite boutique city stays in Perth, Adelaide and Hobart, which all offer a perfect base for relaxing, indulging and exploring.
Renowned for its beautiful weather, riverside location and laid-back hospitality, spend some time getting (re)acquainted with Perth’s vibrant food and wine precincts, stylish small bars and flourishing arts scene before you continue your travels through Western Australia for our Signature Cape to Cape Walk or to explore Ningaloo Reef and the Kimberley region.
- Housed in Perth’s 140 year old State Buildings, COMO The Treasury Hotel has been voted Australia’s best by Condé Nast Traveler and features two exceptional restaurants and the world-class COMO Shambhala Urban Escape spa.
- The Alex Hotel is a stylish boutique hotel in the heart of Perth’s cultural and entertainment precinct, which can be explored further on the complimentary bicycles provided; its rooftop terrace and downstairs wine bar are ideal for starting or finishing the night on a high note.
- Making the most of its enviable waterfront location on Elizabeth Quay, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel offers guests sweeping views of the Swan River and Perth skyline, as well as glamorous dining venues and an indulgent day spa.
Adelaide’s thriving restaurant and bar scene, vibrant cultural precinct and tranquil botanical gardens make it an ideal choice for a luxury city escape before (or after) your journey to Kangaroo Island, the Barossa Valley or the South Australian outback.
- EOS by SkyCity is a sanctuary in the city and features spacious modern suites, quality dining, and an onsite spa and wellness centre; you’ll love their bespoke signature experiences including an On-Call Mixologist
- Right in the heart of Adelaide’s CBD is the luxurious Mayfair Hotel, featuring South Australian products throughout, from their exceptional bar and dining venues to the customised furnishings in their elegant rooms and suites.
- Australia’s only stadium hotel, the Oval Hotel is located at the iconic Adelaide Oval minutes from the city centre and provides a range of premium dining options, including the opportunity to have breakfast overlooking the ground; the stylish rooms offer expansive parkland and skyline views.
If you’re travelling to Tasmania for our Signature 4 Day Lake St Clair Walk (or any of our other luxury guided walks in Tasmania), don’t miss the opportunity to allocate some extra time in Hobart to discover its rich history, cosmopolitan charm and premium dining experiences.
- The Henry Jones Art Hotel is a unique boutique hotel housed in restored heritage buildings in the old wharf area of Hobart’s waterfront, offering some of Tasmania’s best dining in its onsite restaurants and bars.
- Also located on the Hobart harbourfront is MACq 01, a luxury boutique hotel that prides itself on its storytelling and quality food and beverage offerings, which celebrate Tasmanian producers and growers.
- Journey to the 1800s with a stay at The Tasman, an architecturally stunning hotel that features carefully restored Art Deco pieces in its elegantly appointed luxury suites, a signature Italian restaurant and an intimate old-world cocktail bar.
Our Journey Designers will be delighted to arrange the perfect luxury city escape for you based on your personal preferences and travel schedule.
Over recent years, Western Australia has enjoyed an emergence of new boutique luxury accommodation in Perth and further afield in WA.
Our round-up of the best boutique city hotels in New Zealand covers popular gateways. From Auckland to Dunedin, these high-class stays are ideal for the modern luxury traveller.